This Call for Concept Notes aims to support One Health research to identify, implement, and assess potential innovations in policies, programs, or practices that can prevent, control, and mitigate the risks of emerging epidemic threats.
FARM RADIO INTERNATIONAL GHANA
IDRC is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity to understand and demonstrate how One Health research on emerging epidemic threats can help to protect the health and livelihoods of vulnerable populations, strengthen local food systems, and promote environmental sustainability.
The Collaborative One Health Research Initiative on Epidemics (COHRIE) will focus on geographic hotspots for emerging epidemics as well as regions which are characterized by human, animal, and environmental drivers of infectious epidemics, such as unsustainable environmental and land-use patterns, loss of biodiversity, and increasing interaction between humans and wildlife.
Concept notes are invited from multi-institutional consortia of researchers, policymakers, and practitioners that bring together the range of intersectoral and multi-disciplinary perspectives, capacities, and contributions needed to undertake One Health research in line with the objective and themes of this funding opportunity.
Applications are encouraged to address at least one of the following research themes:
- Understanding and addressing intersectoral drivers of epidemics
- Identifying and developing structural, systemic, and policy level interventions
- Strengthening data systems for enhanced multisectoral communication, coordination, and collaboration
- Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, and Venezuela
- Central, East and West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Uganda
Deadline to apply: 5 April 2021 (17:00 Eastern Daylight Time)
For full details about this funding opportunity, please see the Call document here.