Applications until April 5
Financing 12 month Post Doctoral research contracts
Launched by France’s President Emmanuel Macron, the Make Our Planet Great Again initiative has met with worldwide enthusiasm, generating expressions of interest from a large number of highly qualified students and researchers.
France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) in collaboration with Campus France have implemented a program of support for foreign postdoctoral researchers wishing to conduct further research in France on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, the energy transition, or societal challenges of environmental issues.
Description of the Post-Doctoral project:
- Title of the Project
- Abstract of the Post-Doctoral Project (2000 char. max.)
- Context and motivation (2000 char. max.)
- Scientific Objectives (2000 char. max.)
- Methodology and Planning (4500 char. max.)
- Keywords (6)
- Position of the project in relation with the MOPGA scientific domains and integration in the French research host institution (1500 char. max.)
NB: Application must be in English.
Who may apply?
Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree (for less than 5 years) are encouraged to respond to this call for proposals. Candidates must include with their application a letter from a French host institution agreeing to host their research if the candidate’s proposal is accepted by the program. This letter has to detail the resources provided to carry out the research project. A possibility of co-financing can also be considered.
Institutions hosting the laureates will be financed to 50 000€ for a period of 12 months, per selected post-doctoral researchers.
Four broad research themes are prioritized:
– Earth systems,
– Climate change and sustainability,
– Energy transition,
– Societal challenges of environmental issues.