The National Museum of Natural Sciences (CSIC)
IMEDEA – Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies (CSIC)
Utah State University in Logan (Utah)
United States Geological Survey
Dear trout-ers, salmonid-ers, colleagues, fellows and fellaws, we are happy to announce the celebration of the «Advances in the Population Ecology of Stream Salmonids VI» to be held in Mallorca 8-12 May 2023
Welcome to the International Symposium!
Most likely, after (??) the Covid madness, all our lives have improved and when the path and the horizon are clear, we all are now boosted and willing to share the latest results of our research on “stream salmonids”. Within this troublesome period, we have not been aware of any advance on the conservation and new management strategies of salmonids even after our claims in previous meetings not even we have seen any political and/or administrative action aimed at reducing the effects of the global change despite delightful international agreements. Probably, the only positive step of the Covid has been a reduction in the exploitation rates of salmonids for a couple of years, a sort of an imposed biological ban that, in one or another away, have permitted self-protection by an unusual lack of fishing activities (i.e., a sort of “let them alone” for a while). We suspect nevertheless, that opening the barriers of the Covid restrictions will trigger a boom of fishing efforts by impassioned anglers of unpredictable consequences that may require re-ordering the fishing strategies to reduce undesirable effects.
EDIFIC SA RIERA UNIVERSITAT ILLES BALEARS,
Miquel dels Sants Oliver, 2
07122 PALMA DE MALLORCA
Organizing and scientific committee
Budy Phaedra, USA
Gresswell Robert, USA
Jonsson Bror, Norway
Kennedy Brian, USA
Keshner Jeff, USA
Morales-Nin Beatriz, Spain
Rassmussen Gorm, Denmark
Sanz Nuria, Spain
Vollestad Asbjorn, Norway
- The symposium lasts from Monday 8th May to Friday 12th May 2023 (both included).
- Venue: Univ.of Balearic Islands, Edific Sa Riera, C/ Miquel dels Sants Oliver, nº 2, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Presentations: verbal y posters (size not more than 60x80cm)
- Time of presentations: 20 minutes plus 5-10min for questions
- Official language: English
- Important: As in previous meetings we plan to publish selected presentations in a special issue of the international journal: «Ecology of FreshWater Fish».
For any further detail please contact Phaedra Budy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and abstract submission
- Registration: please fill the form below and once completed press the button SEND
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed
- IMPORTANT: Deadline for abstract submission: 17.03.2023