The First Global Forum of the United Nations Decade of Family Farming 2019–2028 was co-organized by FAO and IFAD, with the aim of leveraging the experiences of different actors in order to take stock of the achievements and challenges faced since the launch of the UNDFF. The different sessions hosted discussions aimed at the identification of priority policies and technical areas that will shape the UNDFF agenda for the next period of implementation, to accelerate transition to context-specific, diversified, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems. The objectives of the global forum included:
• Exchange good practices, successful processes, experiences and concrete policy solutions in support of family farming.
• Highlight key emerging policy and technical areas, actions and instruments to enable family farmers to achieve diversified, innovative and dynamic farming systems.
• Scale up and scale out efforts to promote multistakeholder partnerships and cooperation for the development and effective implementation of policies, strategies and programmes, enabling family farmers to fulfil their transformative potential. The global forum was divided into different sessions:
• A high-level opening focused on the global results of the UNDFF and on experiences from countries that had approved national action plans.
• Seven technical sessions focusing the discussion on the different pillars of the Global Action Plan, highlighting results, lessons learned and emerging priorities.
• A final session with a regional round table to highlight key recommendations and the way forward for the implementation of the UNDFF.
19/09/2022 – 22/09/2022
Lugar: Virtual Event
Autor: The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Organización: The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Idioma utilizado para los contenidos: English