Come and help us shaping the future of road transport!
JRC AUTOTRAC 2020 is the first autonomous vehicle traffic competition.
Differently from other competitions involving small-scale automated vehicles (AVs), AUTOTRAC is about vehicles’ cooperation behavior rather than their individual capacity to complete a certain path.
If you have a team of people able to build a fleet of cooperative, automated, small-scale vehicles (CAVs), submit an application to participate.
Please follow the instructions (PDF) and register online.
Deadline: 30 September 2019 (23:59 CET).
By confirming their participation, the teams will agree with the terms and conditions of the competitions and send a photo of the team and/or of the available robots to be published on promotional material (e.g. web page).
The main pillars of the AUTOTRAC initiative are promotion of
- cooperation between AVs,
- more efficient energy consumption and the
- reasonable utilisation of the transport network.
AUTOTRAC 2020 want to find out if
- CAVs capable to do a better utilisation of the network.
- Can deliver less congestion, safer and greener mobility.
Participants and organisation
AUTOTRAC is open to teams of students, universities, research centers, makers’ communities, and private companies.
Each team participates with a fleet of four small-scale AVs that should demonstrate
- efficiency in automated driving and
- cooperation for better network utilization.
The application shall contain a
- short motivation to participate to AUTOTRAC,
- list of past competitions attended and the results achieved,
- link to a web page where the team can show via videos and other material its technical capacity.
On the basis of the applications received, a group of JRC experts will select the best 12 teams that will be invited to take part to the competition.
Reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses will be available to a selected number of teams.
No admission fee is foreseen.
European Commission – Joint Research Centre
Via Enrico Fermi, 2749
I – 21027 Ispra (VA) Italia
For further questions about JRC AUTOTRAC 2020 please email JRC-AUTOTRAC@ec.europa.eu