|Available Position||JAMSTEC is recruiting one position as a Researcher (II). (AKS20-005)|
|Marine Plastics Research Group (M-Plastics), Marine Biodiversity and Environmental Assessment Research Center (BioEnv), Research Institute for Global Change (RIGC)|
|Job Description||We seek a researcher who will conduct marine plastic research at the Marine Plastics Research Group (M-Plastics) of the Marine Biodiversity and Environmental Assessment Research Center (BioEnv. Director: Katsunori Fujikura).
Our group is studying the extent of marine plastic pollution from the sea surface to the deep-sea in the North Pacific, and assessing its impact on marine ecosystems using multiple approaches, including ship-board observations, laboratory experiments, and the development of innovative sampling and measurement methods/systems. Given that marine plastic pollution is currently an urgent environmental topic facing the global community, scientists are urged to provide credible evidence on the composition, distribution, and density of marine plastics by analyzing numerous samples collected by intensive ocean monitoring, efficiently and quantitatively. In close collaboration with other group members, the successful applicant will be responsible for conducting research on microplastics distribution and dynamics, and produce high-quality scientific outcomes. She/he will also be involved in various outreach activities, such as public lectures, which is the duty of any scientists working on socio-economic issues such as marine plastic pollution.
Relevant expertise areas: Analytical chemistry, Oceanography (physical, chemical, and biological), marine environment, biogeography, and information science
|Job Type||[Job Title]
· Researcher (Science) is expected primarily to perform theoretical work, observations, and experiments related to research and development, through fundamental, original, or advanced research to conduct fundamental, originative, or advanced research based on theories, observations, and experiments.
· Researcher (Technology) is expected to conduct fundamental, originative, or advanced technology development and related research.
*There may be a change in affiliation in the case of reorganization of the Agency.
|Requirements||The successful applicant must have completed a Ph.D. in a closely related field of research or technology development.|
|Work Place||Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
Yokosuka Headquarters, 2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka city, Kanagawa, 237-0061, JAPAN
|Working Conditions & Contract Period||(1) Number of positions:
1 position for a Researcher (II)
(2) Type of contract:
(3) Working Hours
(4) Contract Period
*Start date is negotiable. However, it might be changed due to the influence of COVID-19 expansion.
|Salary||Annual salary (paid in 1/12 equal monthly payments)
e.g., JPY 6,000,000~7,000,000
*Salary will be competitive in accordance with JAMSTEC bylaw, based on the academic qualifications and demonstrated research skills of the applicant.
|Terms of Employment||(1) Upon appointment, the successful applicant will receive relocation allowances in accordance with JAMSTEC bylaws.
(2) Allowance for commuting expenses will be provided.
(3) Employee and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for social insurance and labor insurance in the proportion specified by current statute.
(4) JAMSTEC employee cooperative provides various subsidies for mutual aid and welfare services.
(5) Housing lease service will be available.
(6) Holidays and vacations: Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, year-end, and New Year’s holidays. Annual vacations with pay, special vacations, leave of absence to care for a family member, and maternity leave are provided.
|Application Procedure||(1) Required documents
*Please ensure that you submit all required documents and that all documents are fully completed.
a) CV. Valid email and home address must be provided.
(3) Interview and appointment
|Closing Date||July 31, 2020 at 13:00 in Japan time (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date.)|
|Contact (application documents must be sent to this address)||Human Resources Section, Human Resources Dept., JAMSTEC
*Please replace [at] with @ when addressing E-mails.
*For inquiries by E-mail, please include “BioEnv AKS20-005” in the subject line.
|Remarks||(1) Submitted documents will be managed safely according to strict rules. Personal information received during the recruiting process will be used only for recruitment screening and appointment procedures and not for any other purposes.
(2) Successful applicant should submit a certificate documenting his/her health upon appointment.
(3) Please kindly inform us in case of withdrawal of your application by E-mail.
(4) Above conditions may be changed at the discretion of the agency.
(5) For non-Japanese speakers, the interview and daily work will be conducted in English.
|Note||JAMSTEC ensures that all applicants are treated fairly from the point of view of diversity and inclusion during the recruitment process.|
Publicado en Convocatorias.